Re: Re: Track connectivity enhancement

gharlandau a écrit :
Geoff Harland wrote:

jean-pierre charras wrote:
<snip>

Geoff :
Please, remove all your last changes in via enhancement.
You are mistaken for via attributes.
*** Attribute is only what layer pair is allowed, not what layer
pair is really used. ***

Via attributes can be THROUGH VIA, BURIED VIA or BLIND VIA.
Its is only a via attribute, not the real via type.

<snip>

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for explaining that vias' (shape) attributes actually specify the permitted layer pairs for each via, rather than the
layer pair which is actually used.

As you have provided me with that explanation, I now appreciate
that the changes which I recently made were inappropriate, so I
will remove them ASAP.

Jean-Pierre,

I have now rolled back the changes to the class_track.cpp and editrack-part2.cpp files which I made previously.

I also made some changes to the ioascii.cpp file before, but you have since modified those changes yourself (within revision 337), so I have not changed that file any further for now.

For your information though, any via which is really of a through-
hole nature (top_layer = LAYER_CMP_N, bottom_layer = COPPER_LAYER_N) will currently have its Shape property changed to VIA_NORMALE whenever a PCB file is reopened, and regardless of what value had been assigned to that property previously.

Is that what you really want? If not, please let me know, and I will then roll back the changes which I made within that file as well.

This was only a change because i has a probleme on a board with vias when testing a new connectivity algo...

All changes can be removed.

And on another matter, I have been investigating the possibility of implementing a new dialog box to permit the values of the properties of a track (or segment) to be viewed or edited. I haven't written any associated code as of yet, but the Track_Properties_DB.zip file which I have recently uploaded to the Files page of this mailing list ( http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/kicad-devel/files ) contains a bitmap file which depicts a suggested dialog box.

Because I don't want to do anything which is not in keeping with how you want KiCad to develop, could you please let me know whether you would be happy for me to continue with implementing such a dialog box. (I would also be interested in hearing whether you would like any changes made to which properties are listed, or how those properties are listed.)

This dialog can be implemented.
But if a width or a layer change is easy to handle, a net change or a position change is more difficult. Tracks are handle in a sorted linked list, and the position of a track in this list depend on its netcode and its geometrical properties
(start or ending point)
And 2 track are seen connected by pcbnew if they are a commun end point (or in last alogo, 2 near end points) When a track is started in the middle of an existing track this track is brohen in 2 tracks, with acommon intermediate point with the new track? This is fast search algos do not read the entire link when search connection between tracks. When a net name is changed, the entire ratsnets (including track sort and net code reinitialisation) must be made (like when a new netlist is read).
This is time consumming.

Thus, editing track position can create problems.

The better is:
To allow only width edition and layer edition (the ratsnets for this net must be recomputed, like a "by hand" track delete or new track creation)
All infos can be displayed but not editable.
or:
Allow all editions, but if geomerical properties or net name are changed, delete the old track and create a new equivalent track, using the function delete and new track creation like a "by hand" command, in order to keep a correct connectivity and/or track position inside the linked list

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Maître de conférences

Recherche :
Grenoble Image Parole Signal Automatique (GIPSA - INPG)
46, Avenue Félix Viallet
38031 Grenoble Cedex