Re: Assorted issues

--0-952299211-1194859372=:75255 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> >=20
> > 1. Bug involving "Dimensions -> Pad Settings" command in Module Editor
> >=20
>=20
> Fixed.

Thank you for taking a look at the source code and then fixing that bug. (I=
had envisaged that various changes would have been required to g_Pad_Maste=
r to fix that issue, but the changes which you made were much more straight=
forward in nature.)
=20
And thank you also for various other messages which you have sent to this m=
ailing list in relatively recent times, in which you cheered me on after I =
had updated the "Pcbnew Layer Colors" dialog box, and gave me links to mess=
ages concerning setting focus in Linux.
=20
> >=20
> > 2. Build dependency issue involving common/selcolor.cpp
> >=20
=20
I have also read your other recent message (number 792), in which you respo=
nded to that matter as well. I am not adverse to the idea of enhancing CMAK=
E for the Windows version of KiCad, but I am currently definitely still a l=
earner when it comes to Make files in general (and including CMAKE in parti=
cular). However I will still try to find some time to increase my understan=
ding of these matters.
=20
For the most part, I haven't had too many problems compiling the Windows ve=
rsion, but a full compile, after doing a "clean", does require about an hou=
r though (versus ~ 15 minutes for the Linux version).
=20
I don't know how many different dialogs there are altogether in KiCad, but =
there still has to be dozens of them, and to some extent, I have barely scr=
atched the surface so far (as far as improving them is concerned). :-( Th=
at said, I think that there is currently less than half a dozen dialogs lef=
t which don't yet use sizers, so progress still is being made in that regar=
d.
=20
Regards,
Geoff Harland.

=20=20=20=20=20=20
National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. =
Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV. http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/nationa=
l-bingo-night/

 --0-952299211-1194859372=:75255 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

ad><body><div style=3D"font-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;=
font-size:12pt"><DIV>Dick Hollenbeck wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; &gt; </DIV>
<DIV>&gt; &gt; 1. Bug involving "Dimensions -&gt; Pad Settings" command in =
Module Editor<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Fixed.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Thank you for taking a look at the source code and then&nbsp;fixing th=
at bug. (I had envisaged that various changes would have been required to g=
_Pad_Master to fix that issue, but the changes which you made were much mor=
e straightforward in nature.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And&nbsp;thank you also&nbsp;for various other&nbsp;messages which you=
have sent to this mailing list in relatively recent times, in which you ch=
eered me on after I had updated the "Pcbnew Layer Colors" dialog box, and g=
ave me links to messages concerning setting focus in Linux.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; &gt; </DIV>
<DIV>&gt; &gt; 2. Build dependency issue involving common/selcolor.cpp<BR>&=
gt; &gt; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have also read your other recent&nbsp;message (number 792), in which=
you responded to that matter as well. I am not adverse to the idea of enha=
ncing CMAKE for the Windows version of KiCad, but I am currently&nbsp;defin=
itely still&nbsp;a learner when it comes to Make files in general (and incl=
uding CMAKE in particular). However&nbsp;I will still try to find some time=
to increase my understanding of these matters.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For the most part, I&nbsp;haven't had&nbsp;too many problems compiling=
the Windows version, but&nbsp;a full compile, after doing a "clean", does =
require about an hour though&nbsp;(versus ~ 15 minutes for the Linux versio=
n).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I don't know how many different dialogs there are altogether in KiCad,=
but there still has to be dozens of them, and to some extent, I have barel=
y scratched the surface so far (as far as improving them is concerned). :-(=
&nbsp;&nbsp; That said, I&nbsp;think that there is currently less than half=
a dozen dialogs left which&nbsp;don't yet&nbsp;use sizers, so progress sti=
ll is being made in that regard.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV>Geoff Harland.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></div><br>

<hr size=3D1>
National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week. =
u.blogs.yahoo.com/national-bingo-night/" target=3D_blank>Download your game=
card now at Yahoo!7 TV</a>.

Follow ups