Re: CMAKE

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> Thanks again. You say "debug". Does your CMAKE script support
> "linking with symbols" and "turning off optimization on the compiler"
> for that build?

It did, indeed. I could debug every single line of code and was not
jumping from one obscure line to another while stepping through the
code because of some compiler optimization...

The only thing I could not do (and I also mention this into the
explanation I've written on my Wiki), is using the KiCAD main
application to jump to the sub-applications while being in debug mode.

If I wanted to debug something in, say, eepcb, well, then I had to
start eepcb immediately from within my debugger. Not first the KiCAD
manager and from there starting up the eepcb app.
Is a bit annoying, but doable. At least, for me...

Best rgds,

--Geert