Re: Re: Windows svn snapshot compiling

I downloaded GLee OpenGL libs, copied glee.c, glee.h and glee.lib
files to kicad-source/include directory and I still get gl related
compile errors:

c:/Temp/kicad/3d-viewer\lib3d-viewer.a(3d_class.obj):3d_class.cpp:(.text+0x30e):
undefined reference to `glColorMaterial@8'
c:/Temp/kicad/3d-viewer\lib3d-viewer.a(3d_class.obj):3d_class.cpp:(.text+0x351):
undefined reference to `glColor4f@16'
c:/Temp/kicad/3d-viewer\lib3d-viewer.a(3d_class.obj):3d_class.cpp:(.text+0x368):
undefined reference to `glColorMaterial@8'
c:/Temp/kicad/3d-viewer\lib3d-viewer.a(3d_aux.obj):3d_aux.cpp:(.text+0x403):
undefined reference to `glNormal3f@12'

These look like *linker* errors, not *compiler* errors.

1) OpenGL binaries (DLLs) are installed as part of Windows itself, according to this:

http://www.opengl.org/about/overview/#5

2) The opengl header files come with the mingw g++ compliler. I see this file here:

C:\msys\1.0\mingw\include\GL\gl.h

which describes the entry points into the DLLs that should come with windows per 1) above.

3) On my system I see at least this DLL which seems to be in a system directory on Win2K:

C:\WINNT\system32\opengl.dll

---------------------

So you do not need to install glee.h.

If your build environment on windows was making the Kicad binaries using the old makefile.g95, then this says that you have all the opengl stuff already.

You are seeing a linker error, not a compile error. To trouble shoot that you need to see the linker command line. In order to see the linker command line, you need to build your makefiles using cmake using the "verbose" option

cmake -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../

This will expose the command line used to link your kicad binaries when you then later run make.

It seems that the linking step is not finding your opengl.dll

Dick

.
.
.
c:/Temp/kicad/3d-viewer\lib3d-viewer.a(3d_draw.obj):3d_draw.cpp:(.text+0x2287):
undefined reference to `glEnd@0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cvpcb/cvpcb.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Temp/Kicad'
make[1]: *** [cvpcb/CMakeFiles/cvpcb.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Temp/Kicad'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any idea please?

Milan
--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dick H." <dick@...> wrote:

Milan,

If Mateusz finds Windows as disagreeable as I do, then it's
understandable why this might take forever.

However, in order to cross the bridge and prove the concept, I have
done it for Windows.

See the top of the latest how-to-build-kicad.txt file.

Somebody else will have to support it under Windows. I've spent my
quota of time on Windows for the foreseeable future.

But if you follow the instructions closely, it should work for you.

We are now [fully?] CMAKE capable.