eeschema: how to handle component references on multiple

Hi,

I have a schematic with the following hierarchy:
{root}
-{16 channel mod}
-- {4 channel ADC}
--- {2 channel filter}
--- {2 channel filter}
-- {4 channel ADC}
--- {2 channel filter}
--- {2 channel filter}
-- {4 channel ADC}
--- {2 channel filter}
--- {2 channel filter}
-- {4 channel ADC}
--- {2 channel filter}
--- {2 channel filter}

e.g. the 2-channel filtering is instantiated 8 times for the 16 channels.
The problem is that it only saves the component references for *one* of
these schematics, so that when I reload, I have to re-annotate the entire
schematic. While the thing is in memory, this is fine, since it seems
each instantiation is separate & i can do DRC etc. But this will not be
good when I move to layout - the components need to have stable