Re: Re: eeschema: how to handle component references

Hi, I am new to this list. This is my first message:

Thanks Tim :)

I am very happy that Kicad has this type of interest from it's dvelopers and supporters.

Alain

Tim Hanson escreveu:
Hi,

Yes, I'm willing to do this, and I've already got some start. Originally
I had planned to give every component a different reference depending on
the sheet instance it is in (orcad style, i guess), but a hierarchal name
is much, much better (and requires no change to the file format), so let's
do that? It will make the netlists longer, but it will also make them
more readable. Unless anyone has better ideas, I'll start tomorrow ...
cheers,
Tim