Re: Re: eeschema: how to handle component references

Tim Hanson a écrit :
Hi,

Yes, I'm willing to do this, and I've already got some start. Originally
I had planned to give every component a different reference depending on
the sheet instance it is in (orcad style, i guess), but a hierarchal name
is much, much better (and requires no change to the file format), so let's
do that? It will make the netlists longer, but it will also make them
more readable. Unless anyone has better ideas, I'll start tomorrow ...
cheers,
Tim

This does not work for components which have more than one part per package, like a 74HC00. In this case the component must have the same reference in all sheets (say U1), and this is only the selected part (U1A U1B or U1C...) and not the reference which changes from a sheet to an other sheet, and **not** the reference.
Of course, the board knows only U1.
In fact, handle the multiple parts per package components is the main difficulty. And most of cases we can't have long references in a board, because smd footprints are smaller and smaller, and only very short references (also true for values) can be drawn on the board. (And if a sheet includes an other sheet, references can become *very* large.)

--

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
46, Avenue Félix Viallet