Re: KiCad tree change proposition

> A. In installed KiCad tree move content from one folders to another:
> A1. "help" ---> "docs".
Not sure. This is the on-line help really, so 'help' seems to fit
better than 'docs' to me. If the current 'docs' directory is getting
moved out to a separate project called 'docs' then you end up with 2
things called 'docs', which is confusing.

> A2. "library" ---> "library/symbols".
> A3. "modules/packages3d" ---> "library/3d-shapes".
> A3. "modules" ---> "library/footprints".
I like this. Though don't know about the new name "3d-shapes", maybe
"3d-models" would be more appropriate.

> B. In KiCad SVN repository separate from KiCad sources such things:
> B1. "library" ---> "trunk/kicad-library".
> B2. "docs" ---> "trunk/kicad-docs".
Probably not a bad idea for the library, as I don't remember the last
time one of these changed, and they aren't limited to a specific
version of kicad (for the most part, that could change I suppose).
However the docs do need to be matched to a specific version, so it
makes less sense for these.

> C. Make an two independent packages for "kicad-library" and "kicad-docs".
That's probably a question for whoever is producing the binary
packages. As the maintainer of the Debian package I already do a
separate "kicad-common" package that contains the library and several
docs packages (one per language e.g. "kicad-docs-en"). The library
packages could be separately versioned, if docs are shipped separately
they'd need versioning to match the kicad release (see above).

> D. Completely remove folder "modules/docpackages" because this is a
> proprietary information.
Is this still there? I don't see it in my copy.

Richard.