Problems trying to build wxwidgets-Can anyone help.

Hi,
I am following the instructions in "how-to-build-kicad-for-windows.txt.
However I am having problems trying to build wxwidgets.

I have:

1/ Installed msys and mingw.

2/ Downloaded WxWidgets 2.8.7 and installed it to C:\msys\1.0\home\David

Briscoe\kicad-build\wxMSW-2.8.7

I have made a build-release directory at

C:\msys\1.0\home\David Briscoe\kicad-build\build-release

and a build-debug directory at

C:\msys\1.0\home\David Briscoe\kicad-build\build-debug

on changing directory to C:\msys\1.0\home\David
Briscoe\kicad-build\build-release and

issuing the command from the msys command line window

../configure --enable-unicode --enable-monolithic --disable-shared
--with-msw --with-opengl

I get the result

sh: ../configure: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong and can someone help.
If so thank you.

David.

Follow ups