Re: Problems trying to build wxwidgets-Can anyone help.

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Milan Horák <stranger@...> wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I think I didn't install boost at all. I just
> downoladed boost source, unpacked to some dir and then pointed
> CMakeSetup.exe to this directory.
>
> You're welcome :-)
>
> Milan
>
> yajeed2000 napsal(a):
> >
> > I now need to install the boost C++ libraries
> > During setup I am asked to select from the following default variants
> >
> > In the left pane In the right pane
> > Visual c++ 7.1 Multithread debug DLL
> > Visual c++ 8.0 Multithread DLL
> > Multithread
> > Multithread DEBUG
> > Multithread STATIC RUNTIME
> > Multithread DEBUG STATIC RUNTIME
> > Single thread,static runtime
> > Single thread debug,static runtime
> >
> > Which from the above do I choose?
> > Again thank you for you valued assistance.
> >
> > David

Hi,
I've just downloaded the boost zip file and unzipped it.
Anyway I'm at the stage of downloading the Kicad source files.
I have a few questions as I'm a newbie at compiling large programs
from source.
1/ What is the method you and others use for creating SVN snapshots
from the source tree? For instance how did you compile the recent r780
snapshot at the sourceforge website?
Each file has a different revision number so how do you know that
everthing works together?
2/ How would I use something like TortoiseSVN to get the source files
onto my local PC?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks.

David