Re: Re: XML import to pcbnew

Frank Bennett wrote:
--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

Frank,

I have checked in a better svn version for project XML4PCB
with a better layer assignments, $GENERAL, $SETUP and pin nets but I don't get any ratsnet or any network in the dsn export. Could you take a quick look to see what I am missing in the brd
file...examples/txpr.brd is a partially routed, simple example.

Are you putting the Nets into the *.brd file? This is "class

EQUIPOT",
which lists all the nets by name and netcode. There should be a block of these in your *.brd file, one for each net. This list

establishes an
association table between a numeric "netcode" (a positive number > 0) and each net's name. Netcode 0 is reserved for a disconnected entity (track, pad, via).

EQUIPOTs to do this:

Netname Netcode
------------- -------------

Then each entity only has to include the numeric netcode.

See line 38 of pcbnew/class_track.h for example.

You can use a counter to assign netcodes, but start at 1, not zero.

Yes, I did this, specified the NumNets and put the numeric reference
in each $PAD specification for each $MODULE...I don't see what else might be missing!

$EQUIPOT
Na 5 "GROUND"
St ~
Na 4 "VIN"
St ~
Na 3 "IN"
St ~
Na 2 "DEF0_1"
St ~
Na 1 "V"
St ~
$EndEQUIPOT

Off hand do you know what "ST ~" means? (not in the filesformat doc)

thanks,
Frank

Facetiously, it must stand for "spare text" (S t). See line 126 of pcbnew/class_equipot.cpp where it is written, and lines 90-111 where is if faithfully ignored upon reading back in.

BTW, unless your email has a bug, then your problem is the missing

$EndEQUIPOT

required to terminate EACH equipot.

This is confirmed by close inspection of any good board file, and by looking at line 92 of class_equipot.cpp.

Use the source Luke, use the source.

Dick