Re: XML import to pcbnew

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> Frank Bennett wrote:
> > --- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@> wrote:
> >
> >> Frank,

> >> Are you putting the Nets into the *.brd file? This is "class
> >>
> > EQUIPOT",
> >
> >> which lists all the nets by name and netcode. There should be a
block
> >> of these in your *.brd file, one for each net. This list
> >>
> > establishes an
> >
> >> association table between a numeric "netcode" (a positive number
> 0)
> >> and each net's name. Netcode 0 is reserved for a disconnected
entity
> >> (track, pad, via).
> >>

> >> EQUIPOTs to do this:
> >>
> >> Netname Netcode
> >> ------------- -------------
> >>
> >> Then each entity only has to include the numeric netcode.
> >>
> >> See line 38 of pcbnew/class_track.h for example.
> >>
> >> You can use a counter to assign netcodes, but start at 1, not zero.
> >>

> > Yes, I did this, specified the NumNets and put the numeric reference
> > in each $PAD specification for each $MODULE...I don't see what else
> > might be missing!
> >
> > $EQUIPOT
> > Na 5 "GROUND"
> > St ~
> > Na 4 "VIN"
> > St ~
> > Na 3 "IN"
> > St ~
> > Na 2 "DEF0_1"
> > St ~
> > Na 1 "V"
> > St ~
> > $EndEQUIPOT
> >
> > Off hand do you know what "ST ~" means? (not in the filesformat doc)
> >
> > thanks,
> > Frank
> >

> Facetiously, it must stand for "spare text" (S t). See line 126 of
> pcbnew/class_equipot.cpp where it is written, and lines 90-111
where is
> if faithfully ignored upon reading back in.
>
> BTW, unless your email has a bug, then your problem is the missing
>
> $EndEQUIPOT
>

> required to terminate EACH equipot.

Yes, I guess I was too close to it...that change
and putting "" around the $PAD netname fixed it. The checked
in svn code now produce files that look correct! The
pulldown "Misc/list nets" also works after the change. Now
I can give Specctra a try (if I unroute some stuff).

thanks,
Frank

> This is confirmed by close inspection of any good board file, and by
> looking at line 92 of class_equipot.cpp.
Ah and one can also force the whole net to a width (missing in
fileformat doc)

> Use the source Luke, use the source.
Just learning to navigate, not up to wrap speed yet!