Re: Re: OSX suggestions.

I've used many if[n]def to preserve the current behaviour on the other platforms than Mac, that could appreciate to see changes in real-time.

I can't read that fast. My reading speed is far slower than the computer can output using the OnPaint() technique, especially for back to back updates. There is no purpose to put anything on the screen in text form that cannot be read by a human.

We have the hour cursor to show that work is being done, and there are other techniques that can be used with the cursor or a progress bar that could show long progress if needed. So again, I would hope and try to have common code. We don't really want unnecessary if defs all over the place when a few moments of thought can find a common solution.

Dick