Re: BUG: annotating multiple instance of the sheet with multipart com

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tim Hanson" <tim@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just checked this myself, and I do not see the bug. In one of my
> schematics which is instanced multiple times I have a LM324 - 4 parts
> /package - and the references were set correctly for this during
> annotation. Could you attach example files(s) to better illustrate
> the problem?
>
> Do note that with packages that contain multiple parts, the multiple
> parts cannot be spread across different schematic files. That is, all
> 4 opamps in the LM324 must be on the same schematic.
>
> Tim
>
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Rok Markovic <rok@...> wrote:
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > In kicad build 962 there is an error with annotating items
> > with multiple parts on sheets with the same source file.
> >
> > Howto generate bug:
> > Create a multiple instance of the same sheet with one or more
> > multipart component on it. Click annotate. If you look into child
> > sheets, you can see that all components are anotated with the same
> > part number but with same designator number.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rok
> >
> > Kanardia d.o.o.
> > ul. heroja Rojška 70
> > 3000 Celje
> > Tel: +386 3 424 42 42
> > Fax: +386 3 424 41 95

Hi,
I have a schematic produced using version SVN r876. I have a 4 gate
logic chip (74hc132) that is spread across 3 schematic subsheets.Each
subsheet is named as a seperate schematic file.
This works OK.
Is this capability broken in the latest version or do I misunderstand.

David.