Re: kicad PCB arrayer tool for multiple instances of schematic sub-sheets

Hi all,

Yes, I guess it is not best for the users to have one tool written in
a completely different language. (but I wanted to learn a new
language!) To ameliorate this, I've added a binary 'release' for
linux to the sourceforge page (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kicadocaml/ ) in case anyone would
like to try kicadocaml without getting the dependencies. It now
features the ability to move/rotate modules, crossprobe to eeschema &
has a proper realtime-updating minimum-spanning-tree ratnest algorithm
(this was fun to write :) I have a windows computer and may try to
build on that next to get a windows binary... though I'm not so
familiar with this ...

If we do eventually get python support (back) into pcbnew, then I'll
be happy to port the arraying functionality over. On the other hand,
users have been asking for undo, and I think this would be relatively
easy in ocaml as compared to C++.

Tim