Re: New developer, SVN commits

mkajdas wrote:
I am trying to join this project and I have some newbie questions:

- I downloaded nightly binary kicad-20080428-r1006-linux.tar.bz2 which
does not work on my Fedora 7, library issues.
I also checked out latest SVN files and compiled, but it shows build
ver. (20080416-r982).
Why the difference? Do we still have two SVN sources?

- When compiling, I received some compiler warnings (uninitialized
variables, int/double conversions). I would like to clean them up
first to get some practice. Should I just start on it or use this
group first for communication. What is the process for delegating work.

- I read the todo.txt and I can start with some @todo but again how do
I arrange that to avoid duplication of work.

- How do I get write access to SVN and what is the commit process
(just commit and let others comment?)

I wanted to ask first before I screw up something.
MK

Hi,

First, it would be nice to know your name. MK, is that what you really prefer?

Welcome. Should we consider you an advanced, intermediate or beginner C++ programmer?

Igor will probably contact you about SVN write access.

See here about style: