Re: Re: Creation of SVN version config

Mateusz,

Thanks for the input.

Mateusz Skowroński wrote:
2008/5/5 Mateusz Skowroński <skowri@...>:

Hi!
> Wayne, I've made some changes to the script You wrote.
>
> 1. I've moved the code to a macro.
>
> 2. We are using FindSubversion macro from CMake CVS which allows
> calling it from a script.

I used CMake 2.4.8 on both Debian (Testing) and MSYS/MinGW on Windows XP with out any issues. If FindSubversion.cmake from SVN works better, I'm all for it. However, you have now made tracking up stream changes to FindSubversion.cmake part of the Kicad project.

> I've changed it to set LANG environment variable to C because svn is
> unfortunately localized (_evil_ (; ) and the macro produces wrong
> output when used with non-english system locale.

I thought this might be an issue. Since the result is primarily numerals, I thought I might get by with it. I'll try to be more sensitive to internationalization issues in the future.

> 3. It is executed only on Unix systems.

It works for me on Windows XP with MSYS/MinGW running CMake from the MSYS command line. I have Subversion 1.4.6 installed and SVN binary path in my Windows path.

> We should probably add a switch to force using the build_version.h. It
> will be mandatory when a stable release comes out.

I considered this as well. However, there seems to be some resistance to using command line switches with CMake. There are a lot of personal settings (package paths, version specific wxWidgets information, compiler settings, etc.) in the CMake files that really should be set with command line switches, environment variables, and/or modifying CMakeCache.txt. So I opted for the path of least resistance and wrapped it with #ifdef. That way you could still manually edit the date and version string when using the hand written make files.

Hi,
the config.h in not updated after svn up and make.

Do You have a solution for this?

make rebuild_cache

You answered your own question before I got a chance to reply. Thanks again for the help

Regards,

Wayne

But one has to remember to invoke it before the build.

Mateusz