Re: Backspace & Delete hotkeys not working problem

> I just used delete and backspace yesterday and they worked fine. What
> do you think is broken? These keys allow you to delete a track segment
> or a complete track connection, but only if the track tool button has
> been selected.

You are right, they are working when the track tool is selected.
This is a second time I find myself confused when no action is taken when I expect one.
The first one was when adding tracks with DRC on and not being allowed.
At least here there is a message on the bottom stating why but who notices that.

I think this makes learning curve steep and long especially that it is so easy to turn off track tool by accident (Escape key).
I think adding a Bell sound and a message on the status line would be beneficial.
Also, 'turn off' sound button on a tool bar would keep it quiet for advanced users.

I only found couple of places that wxBell is called. Are we not using sound or use another method?
Martin