Re: Re: Interested new developer

Dick,

I took looked at the coding standards document you sent me a while back. It is an excellent document. It was a lot more detailed than what I was thinking. I was envisioning something along the lines of the Linux kernel coding standards document. More anecdotal and less detailed. I have had my free cut significantly due to some additional consulting work. Maybe some of the other developers would like to take a stab at it.

Wayne

Wayne,

Good luck with the consulting, hopefully it pays better that working on Kicad.

The extra detail in the document is harmless, and probably serves C++ and why and how it should be used over C in an application like Kicad.

It also speaks consistently about style with respect to the style embedded in uncrustify.cfg file.

Thanks for at least letting us know you are un-volunteering on it. We will not wait for you now.

Mostly we need someone that:

1) knows C++,
2) knows OpenOffice Writer,
3) knows English well

to step up. They are listed in order of importance, with 3) being the most important. The result could be a *.odt file that we occasionally export to *.pdf and put on the wiki. It is now about a 15 page document if I recall, and it needs some formatting mostly. It was imported from WordPerfect and not so nicely at that, and seriously modified since then.

Thanks,

Dick