From: Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...>
Subject: Re: [kicad-devel] Re: Interested new developer
To: kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 8:51 PM

> Dick,
>
> I took looked at the coding standards document you sent me a
while back.
> It is an excellent document. It was a lot more detailed than what I
> was thinking. I was envisioning something along the lines of the
Linux
> kernel coding standards document. More anecdotal and less
detailed. I
> have had my free cut significantly due to some additional
consulting
> work. Maybe some of the other developers would like to take a
stab at it.

> Wayne

Wayne,

Good luck with the consulting, hopefully it pays better that
working on
Kicad.

The extra detail in the document is harmless, and probably serves C++
and why and how it should be used over C in an application like Kicad.

It also speaks consistently about style with respect to the style
embedded in uncrustify.cfg file.

Thanks for at least letting us know you are un-volunteering on it. We
will not wait for you now.

Mostly we need someone that:

1) knows C++,
2) knows OpenOffice Writer,
3) knows English well

to step up. They are listed in order of importance, with 3) being the
most important. The result could be a *.odt file that we occasionally
export to *.pdf and put on the wiki. It is now about a 15 page
document
if I recall, and it needs some formatting mostly. It was imported
from
WordPerfect and not so nicely at that, and seriously modified
since then.

Thanks,

Dick