Re: simple fix

c w a écrit :

Hi All,

Attached is a diff file that fixes a minor issue with Kicad. When a pdf viewer is not defined in the config file, clicking on the Preferences- >PDF Browser->Default PDF Viewer does nothing. I've adjusted the code so an error message comes up, and then the browse for executable dialog comes up. This is the same functionality if the Preferences- >PDF Browser->Favourite PDF Browser. The file is kicad/preferences. cpp

If "Default PDF Viewer" is selected, the viewer is given by the system (from the mime types), so no need to define a pdf viewer. if "Favourite PDF Browser" is selected, you must give the viewer you want to use (because it is not the default system viewer)

Note, under linux wxWidgets seems have problems (perhaps depending on the linux distribution) to get the default viewer.
If happens, the last kicad svn version try to find a pdf viewer in /usr/bin.
Under Windows, it works fine and the Default PDF Viewer is usually better (there is usually only one viewer installed)

Also, I have a question on process. When fixing little bugs you find, are we suppose to file a bug report in the sourceforge bug tracker, then fix. Or just do the fix and submit?

For little fixes you can fix and submit

J-P Charras