Re: Append board in pcbnew

Hi Dick,

Yes, I'm doing this for panelization.

I don't know how it worked before because this is the first time I tried
it.

I expected it to import the board into the current file, without
changing the file name, or current file settings.

I'm not sure that the component not moving had anything to do with with
trying to append the boards. It would work sometimes but not work most
of the time. I haven't tried the same operation on the original board
yet.

I think I see several other bugs as well and maybe some ideas for
improvement. One thing is that pcbnew seems to lose the track and via
sizes randomly. Sometimes they will be there when you open pcbnew up
and then later they will be gone (they don't come back either). I
haven't had them vanish during a session though. My idea is that maybe
one could define a list of track and via sizes that would stay with the
file until you changed them on purpose. And maybe have via hole sizes
for each via size.

Another idea is to either change the net names when you append a board
so there are no nets connected between boards, or make each board be its
own object so we could re-read a netlist for each board.

I'll be looking at the source code and trying to see if I can find out
how things work so I can help work on some things if I get time. Any
pointers as to how the code is structured would be great!

Thanks,
Moses