Re: Versioning

That's exactly my point too. There needs to be a marker saying "this version
is considered stable and can be used for production use". So how about adding
a "traditional" version number to the release date whenever such a release is
considered stable, i.e.

kicad-2.0rc1-2008-08-28
kicad-2.0-2008-09-01
kicad-2.1-2008-11-04

and so forth. I placed the version _in front of_ the date on purpose, so it
cannot be confused with something like "the second release on that day".

What do you think?

Regards
Jonas

PS: Once we have this figured out, it should go in the FAQ.