Re: DialogBlocks discussion once again.

Manveru wrote:
2008/9/2 Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...>:

[...]

If wxFormBuilder were to be used, then the discussion could be limited
to two class names per dialog window. But let me stray briefly to
state some general preferences first.
I prefer *all* upper case class names, not just first letter of each
word. The reason is that this distinguishes class names from function
names, for which I prefer the upper case first letter only. Any prefix
should be indicative of function or purpose. I think using Ki_ is not
providing value here, since it does not indicate function or purpose.
But I am not opposed to prefixes in general.

Regarding the two classes per dialog, one of which would be derived from
the other, we might think about adopting a pair of prefixes to show that
these two classes are related and share a common purpose by way of a
common basename, for example, with "basename" being variable per such pair:

fbr_basename.cpp holding a class with name FBR_BASENAME autogenerated
by wxFormBuilder

dlg_basename.cpp holding the class derived from FBR_BASENAME with name
DLG_BASENAME which has the hand coded event handlers.

fbr_xyz.cpp and dlg_xyx.cpp would always be considered part of a set
implementing the dialog window. dlg_xyx.cpp in a rare case might not
be needed if there were not custom event handlers.

Could we agree on such a scheme, if JP were to accept the wxFormBuilder?

IMO very strange coding standard - I've never seen such in any open
source code and commercial code.

Then you would not have spent enough time looking at Kicad. I contributed over 4,000 lines of code this year alone to an open source project called Kicad which follows this very standard. Although your opinion may differ from mine, in matters of opinion I would refrain from calling another person's strange.

Dick