Re: CMake 2.6

Hi,

2008/9/7 Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...>:

>> Hi!
>> Which version of CMake are You using?
>>
>> Is it ok to completely switch to 2.6 version? It has been available
>> for quite some time now... I think all major Linux distributions have
>> packaged it already. For older (stable releases) there are backported
>> packages available.
>>
>> I'm looking to hearing from You.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mateusz
>>

> I have no objection to requiring 2.6 if it is working OK. It is only a
> few minutes time for a developer to upgrade, and it would not be
> atypical for a software tool to require a minimum version of a build
> component.

It works very good + we get cross-compilation support.

> Not that I mind being atypical either. :-)

;d

> Are you saying that one or two of these changes will break the usage of
> 2.4 CMake?

Well. We use the FindwxWidgets macro. The current one is a copy of CVS
with my changes to support 2.4 version. The original one uses some
string operations that are not available in 2.4. So updating this file
is a real PITA ;)

Mateusz

--
AKA f3nix AKA metyl AKA skowri ;)