Re: Font support in eeschema and pcbnew on text labels

2008/9/9 Pavlyukov Alexey <lexaficus@...>:
> Hello!
> I realized support of cyrillics in eeschema and pcbnew on text labels, it is
> possible
> also other languages if to add the description of symbols in a file of fonts
> (share/grfonte.kifnt). A format of a file of fonts look in kiFont.h. I send
> you patch
> to the version trunk revision 1229.
>
> Pavlyukov Alexey
> mailto: lexaficus@...

For me it looks quite nice, but it seems to me that this idea disables
non-unicode KiCad version completly*, and what about data format for
boards and schematics? I think they never really supported Unicode (am
I right or not?). This means files saved in version of KiCad with this
patch cannot be opened in older one - operation will mess all new
characters. I am speculating now.

* - as far as I remember J.P. said that currently KiCad cannot work
with UniCode support.

Michal