Re: libedit - left-click Pick point of field F1

Karl,

Not sure I understand this. But it may get clearer once I get around to finishing the new extend-able field count support. Maybe two weekends from now. I don't think this is worth fixing in the current UI since the new code will replace quite a bit of what we have in eeschema's field editing code.

At that time I will see if I can make sense of what you are saying.

Dick

In 20080825c left clicking on the F1 'Value/Chip Name' field works strangely. Unlike all the other fields the pick point for F1 field starts 50 mils below the string and extends to 100 mils below the string. (String height set to 50 mils). All the other fields work as expected.

Also, the Y axis works backwards from what one would expect (not that it bothers me).

#
# template
#
DEF template J 0 40 N N 1 F N
F0 "J" 160 210 50 H V L B
F1 "template" 150 100 50 H V L B
F11 "~" -200 -250 50 H I L C "Price"
F4 "~" 150 25 50 H I L C "Value"
F5 "~" -200 -50 50 H I L C "Description"
F6 "~" 0 -100 50 H I R C "Manu1"
F7 "~" 0 -150 50 H I R C "Manu2"
F9 "~" 50 -150 50 H I L C "Manu2#"
F8 "~" 50 -100 50 H V L C "Manu1#"
F10 "~" -200 -200 50 H V L C "Vendors"
DRAW
S 0 100 100 120 0 1 0 F
S 90 210 10 120 0 1 0 F
X ~ 1 0 0 100 U 50 50 1 1 U
X ~ 2 100 0 100 U 50 50 1 1 U
ENDDRAW
ENDDEF

Karl Schmidt EMail Karl@...
Transtronics, Inc. WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049 FAX (785) 841-0434

The film has fogged in my photographic memory.