Re: gerbview: aperture macros

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

GERBVIEW:

I added the support for drawing most common aperture macros and the
infrastructure to handle all of them of anyone needs every last one of
them down the road.

Jean-Pierre,

Please look for isDark usage in rs274d.cpp and let me know what you
think about flag bit or bool to class TRACK which would indicate that
the track is to be drawn in the background color rather than in the
layer's color.

Search this page for "POLARITY" as background material:

http://www.kxcad. net/visualcam/ visualcam/ tutorials/ gerber_for_ beginners. htm <http://www.kxcad.net/visualcam/visualcam/tutorials/gerber_for_beginners.htm>

pcbnew does not use this POLARITY in a "dynamic" way, but gerbview was
unable to accurately display the gerbers coming back to me from my board
manufacturer after they doctored them up with some high end editor. We
are about to fix that with this last change in the area of isDark, and
my work adding aperture macros.

Jean-Pierre, please think about this and then answer my question about
how to draw a TRACK using a background color.

Thanks,

Dick

Using a bool seems for me the best option.
Handle layer polarity involves also to draw items (tracks, flashes and polygons) in the gerber data file order (this is not exactly the case currrently), and draw them in memory using polarity parameter before ORed the final result with other gerber data files if any to see the entire data on screen like now.
(As i wrote in my previous mail).

Thanks, Dick, for your work.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
Rue de la Houille Blanche