Re: Re: german translation

arius4kicad a écrit :

--- In kicad-devel@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:kicad-devel%40yahoogroups.com>, "jean-pierre. charras@. .." <jean-
pierre.charras@ ...> wrote:

> arius4kicad a écrit :
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I did a complete rework of the po-file for the german translation
> > based on rev1236 of KiCad, I guess.
> > Everything has been translated but I have still some action items
on
> > my todo list and wants to take finally a look on the entire user
> > interface.
> > Could someone please guide me how to proceed with the po-file if I
> > have finished my work?
> >

> just copy your files (kicad.mo and kicad.po) in kicad/share/
internat/de

> --
> Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
>
> Maître de conférences
> Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
> Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
> Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
> BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex
>
> Recherche :
> GIPSA-LIS - INPG
> Rue de la Houille Blanche
> 38400 Saint Martin d'Heres

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Sorry for the possibly inaccurate question, but I know how to handle
these files so that the translation takes effect on the GUI.

My first answer is right : you just mustcopy your files (kicad.mo and kicad.po) in kicad/share/internat/de wxWidget (used by Kicad ) usually load the dictionnary corresponding to the default language (if you have selected the default language in preferences),
without any change in code, and displays translations in the GUI.

So in french, the kicad.mo file is automatically loaded from kicad/share/internat/fr, and for a german version of windows ou linux from kicad/share/internat/de If not works, see if you put in in the right directory (you must see here kicad/share/internat/fr/kicad.mo and a lot of others translations). under linux kicad is in /usr/local if download from my site, but if comes from a linux distribution, you must find the kicad directory in /usr/share. There is already a partial translation ( kicad.mo and kicad.po) in this directory.

I would like to know what to do with the po-file to get it into the
next KiCad release or the project.

Should I post it somewhere like on the users/developers group so that
other people can review it or should I send it directly to you via
email?

As you like.
If you send me your files, I'll upload them to kicad svn site.
the current kicad svn version is 1449, and using always the last svn version is better (1236 version is a bit outdated)

-arius-