Re: Building kicad from SVN under Ubuntu 8.10

2008/12/12 Brian Sidebotham <brian.sidebotham@...>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I made some notes about compiling Kicad from SVN under Ubuntu Intrepid
> 8.10, after getting a small HP2133 laptop and installing Ubuntu on it
> :)
> I also noted that there are no instructions on the Wiki for building
> Kicad under any Linux platform.
>
> Half the battle is getting the dependencies for the kicad build, the
> following is a list of what I did to compile Kicad from SVN:

Or, somewhat simpler:

Checkout kicad, kicad-doc & kicad-library into a directory.
Checkout the debian package source from here:
http://svn.flexserv.de/kicad/trunk/debian to the same directory.
Ideally modify the debian/changelog to give you a custom version number.

Run: fakeroot debian/rules binary
(control file lists the dependancies)
or better yet use pbuilder to build it (will take care of the
dependancies as well as doing the build in a nice clean environment).

Admittedly these are the instructions for debian, but since the
packages in Ubuntu are directly pulled from debian and rebuilt it
should be just the same.

Richard.