Re: Interesting article

2008-12-16, 15:04:26 - Dick Hollenbeck:
> I am not unhappy with subversion, and switching is not a priority, for
> the reasons you state.   But if we had to switch sites or whatever for
> another reason, then I would say during such hypothetical switch, maybe
> we could keep an open mind to Mercurial.

I agree. In fact, I use Mercurial on most of my private projects. I actually
used it when I started work on KiCAD (using an import mechanism from svn)...

> The only thing I don't agree with you on is the equivalene of a branch
> and a remote/distributed repository.   (The remote repository gives you
> version control when you do not have access to the internet.   Like say
> a person was demented and wanted  to write software on his/her vacation,
> away from the internet.)

You are right. Mercurial has lots of other nice features, as Philip also
mentioned.

My point was just that we are not even using branches in svn yet, i.e. we
aren't really hitting any limits with the current solution, so this seems low
priority (as you agreed).

-J