Re: Re: kicad compilation with decimal separator

2009/1/26 cfdev@... <cfdev@...>:
> --- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cfdev@..." <cfdev@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> happy to joint the kicad dev group.
>> I have compiled kicad stable on windowXP with sucessfull :D
>>
>> I'm french and for the correct value for size, position.. are the
>> decimal separator ',' not the '.'.
>>
>> When I compile kicad and run in french langage, the decimal separator
>> is '.' :(
>>
>> why ? it's an directive of compilation ?
>>

> I still have not found for this problem of compilation, maybe it's in
> MSYS?
>
> But if it interests the French users, I add events to the class
> WinEDA_PositionCtrl that when you enter a '. " on the numeric keypad
> that write a ','
>
> void WinEDA_PositionCtrl::OnKeyDownPosX( wxKeyEvent& event )
> {
> int Key = event.GetKeyCode();
> if(g_EDA_Appl->m_Locale->GetLanguage() == wxLANGUAGE_FRENCH)
> //Replace '.' by ',' for the french langage
> if ((Key == 46)||(Key == 391))
> {
> m_FramePosX->WriteText(_T(','));
> return;
> }
> event.Skip();
> }
>
> ++

Ouch... These are things that should be mapped by wxWindows
localization handling. This is workaround to deeper problem. Polish
users prefers comma instead of dot, too. But you cannot put all these
conditions with languages to event handler, because it is A. not
efficient B. very bad practice.

--
Manveru
jabber: manveru@...