Re: pb to compilation under slackware

Manveru wrote:
> 2009/2/2 cfdev@... <cfdev@...>:
>> hi all,
>>
>> today I try to compile Kicad on my favourite distribution Linux Slackware,
>> and on cmake configuration :
>> $cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../../
>>
>> the return is :
>> -- Check for installed OpenGL -- found
>> -- Check for installed Boost -- found
>> -- Check for installed wxWidgets -- found
>> CMake Error at CMakeModules/FindSubversion.cmake:88 (MESSAGE):
>> Command "/usr/bin/svn info /home/cfdev/download/kicad" failed with
>> output:
>>
>> svn: '/home/cfdev/download/kicad' is not a working copy
>>
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>> CMakeModules/CreateSVNVersionHeader.cmake:5 (Subversion_WC_INFO)
>> CMakeLists.txt:118 (create_svn_version_header)
>>
>> CMake Error at CMakeModules/CreateSVNVersionHeader.cmake:6 (string):
>> string sub-command REGEX, mode REPLACE needs at least 6 arguments
>> total to
>> command.
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>> CMakeLists.txt:118 (create_svn_version_header)
>>
>> -- Check for installed zlib -- found
>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>
>> subversion missing ok, but why the processe stop because of it ?
>
> I think this is side effect of having script which try to identify
> current version in repository to put proper info inside "About" of the
> KiCad.

It is actually the way FindSubversion.cmake behaves when subversion
(svn) is not found or the svn command fails when you are not building
from an svn checkout of the Kicad source. If you change all instances
of SEND_ERROR to STATUS in the local version of FindSubversion.cmake
message calls, this will solve your problem. With this change,
FindSubversion will just warn you that something went wrong instead of
failing and use the default version string in defined in
build_version.h. I thought I fixed this problem already. Apparently I
never committed the changes. I must have accidentally rsynced over the
changes when transferring my source between systems.