Re: New zoom code musings.

Hi,

2009-02-06, 14:51:56 - Dick Hollenbeck:
> 1) I just tried a zoom factor like this and with my complex board the
> zone redraws were to slow, making this an unusable zoom factor for
> PCBNEW.  (In fact the current zoom factor in eeschema head is closerto
> 1.2 and I have no objection to that because the redraw speed is fast
> enough.)  As the redraw speed goes up, then the total time to zoom
> significantly is (redraw time x no. steps).

The slow zone redrawing during zoom is a problem per se. Even with the old
zoom factor, the zone redraw slowed down the zooming (although not to a point
where it becomes unusable).

Maybe the problem should be attacked from that angle: Reduce the redrawing
during zoom, i.e. don't do a complete redraw for every zoom step. There is
not really a point in continuing the drawing while the user has already given
another zoom command...

I haven't checked if/how this could be implemented, but maybe it isn't that
hard...

-J