Re: KiCad and Qucs

Michael.Margraf@... a écrit :
> Hello,
>

>> Fisrt it would be fine if this discussion is on kicad devel list.
>> Volunteer could know what kind of work is needed.
>> Can i send a copy of this mail to kicad devel list ?
>>

> Yes, please do so!

I did it

>> import and export functions for KiCad and/or Qucs is the most important
>> topic.
>> This is what needs most of work and discussion.
>>

> Yes, that's true. But for someone using it quite often, it is not very
> userfriendly. Nonetheless, we can start with this.
>

>> Creating a new netlist format (from kicad to Qucs) is usually easy.
>>
>> Eeschema and Pcbnew use sockets to quickly exchange data.
>> Perhaps this feature could be used also with Qucs.
>>

> This sounds good! Can you tell me where to find this in the source code?
> Then I can have a look on it.
>
> Regards,
> Michael

you can have a look to pcbnew/cross-probing.cpp.
once the sockets are initialised, Eeschema and Pcbnew communicate by
messages.
2 sockets are used: one from eeschema (client) to pcbnew (server), and
one from pcbnew (client) to eeschema (server)

This is easy to enlarge the list of messages and add more sockets to
communicate with Qucs.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LIS - INPG
Rue de la Houille Blanche
38400 Saint Martin d'Heres

 --------------040503080005090004060605 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Michael.Margraf@...";>Michael.Margraf@...</a> a &eacute;crit&nbsp;:
cite="mid:1131.84.191.66.231.1235152045.squirrel@..."
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hello,

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Fisrt it would be fine if this discussion is on kicad devel list.
Volunteer could know what kind of work is needed.
Can i send a copy of this mail to kicad devel list ?
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
Yes, please do so!

</pre>
I did it<br>
cite="mid:1131.84.191.66.231.1235152045.squirrel@..."
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">
</pre>
<pre wrap="">import and export functions for KiCad and/or Qucs is the most important
topic.
This is what needs most of work and discussion.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
Yes, that's true. But for someone using it quite often, it is not very
userfriendly. Nonetheless, we can start with this.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Creating a new netlist format (from kicad to Qucs) is usually easy.

Eeschema and Pcbnew use sockets to quickly exchange data.
Perhaps this feature could be used also with Qucs.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
This sounds good! Can you tell me where to find this in the source code?
Then I can have a look on it.

Regards,
Michael

</pre>
you can have a look to pcbnew/cross-probing.cpp.<br>
once the sockets are initialised, Eeschema and Pcbnew communicate by
messages.<br>
2 sockets are used: one from eeschema (client) to pcbnew (server), and
one from pcbnew (client) to eeschema (server)<br>
This is easy to enlarge the list of messages and add more sockets to
communicate with Qucs.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Ma&icirc;tre de conf&eacute;rences
Directeur d'&eacute;tudes 2ieme ann&eacute;e.
G&eacute;nie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2