Re: IDL for DBUS

OK. Now I understand. I know DBUS is well supported on Linux but how
well is it supported those "other" platforms?

We only need "well enough".

I've seen a Mac port and a Windows port.

Don't know how well they work or how hard they are to install. I would not put the bar for "well supported" too high however, because it does seem to be the best solution, well thought out and DESIGNED for this purpose. Our current IPC breaks down as soon as you have two copies of eeschema or PCBNEW running concurrently. Only one can claim the socket for listening.

D-BUS solves a lot of problems that we have, AND allows others to interface with Kicad in a well documented, and very rich way.

Dick