Re: KiCad regrettably still is history free and not

--001485f54658a9a1d30468caea13 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

I apologize for overlooking the existing drag capability, but I want to use
the opportunity to animate a more standard GUI modification by the awareness
that new users like me may have a hard time getting used to KiCad!

A more standardized way of behaving would be that by default a drag done on
a component does just that dragging the symbol or padstack on which the drag
is performed and connections with it!

The marque 'lasso' as it turns up currently should _only happen_ when the
drag is initiated above clean deskspace (nothing to select)! It should not
by default result in a question to move, but if a drag follows on one of the
selected components the drag should be performed on all selected components!
If shift or control is pressed: further refining of the selection should be
possible!
If a right click is performed: access to methods of the selected objects
should be given, and applied to the whole selection as applicable!

You catch my drift; I'm asking nothing new, just a standard GUI as widely
adapted in Linux, Windows and Mac!

--
Tobias Gogolin
Tel. Movistar (646) 124 32 82

You develop Sustainable Ranch Technology at
an Open Source Electric Motor/Alternator at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Performance_Axial_Flux
 --001485f54658a9a1d30468caea13 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

I apologize for overlooking the existing drag capability, but I want to use=
the opportunity to animate a more standard GUI modification by the awarene=
ss that new users like me may have a hard time getting used to KiCad!<br>
e on a component does just that dragging the symbol or padstack on which th=
e drag is performed and connections with it!<br><br>The marque &#39;lasso&#=
39; as it turns up currently should _only happen_ when the drag is initiate=
d above clean deskspace (nothing to select)! It should not by default resul=
t in a question to move, but if a drag follows on one of the selected compo=
nents the drag should be performed on all selected components!<br>
If shift or control is pressed: further refining of the selection should be=
possible!<br>If a right click is performed: access to methods of the selec=
ted objects should be given, and applied to the whole selection as applicab=
le!<br>
ote">On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Tobias Gogolin <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:usertogo@...";>usertogo@...</a>&gt;</span> wr=
ote:<br>
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Your right I hadn=
div>
29, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Robert <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:birming=
ham_spider@..." target=3D"_blank">birmingham_spider@...</a>&gt;</sp=
an> wrote:<br>

204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><div>&gt; For exa=
mple (and I couldn&#39;t believe it when I noticed!):<br>
&gt; - when a component is dragged in a Schematic, its connecting lines get=
&gt; disconnected! Didn&#39;t the program note that it was the users intent=
ion that a<br>
&gt; trace connected to a certain pin of a component? Even if dragging now =
would<br>
&gt; cause havoc on the looks of the connections, KiCad should never forget=
what<br>
&gt; the users intention was! (unless of course the user gestures somehow t=
hat<br>
&gt; that&#39;s what he wants to do (maybe a control move feature))<br>
&gt; - same counts for PCB layouts, and how difficult could it be to reconn=
ect<br>
&gt; the last routing segment or two and keep them connection to the pins t=
hey<br>
&gt; were connected to before the move? Any arguments against that? The dra=
g<br>
&gt; Segment feature shows that it is possible, and has already been progra=
mmed!<br>
u?<br>
Regards,<br>
Robert.<br>