Re: Layers visibility

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:
> I highly recommend a second monitor. Prices have come down and you will
> not regret it, I promise. I have 2 x 24" monitors in front of me. That
> is 48" of screen space. The cost on the 24 inch LCD monitors has come
> down significantly in the last 2 years.
>
> Don't count yourself out.

Dick is not a price problem, as you know i'm in use to play with Macs that are all but not cheap :)
My wokstation is not dedicated to kicad, and i don't need the second monitor for the other uses in grandtotal.

Strategically i think it's better that kicad that can scale from the NetPC to the dual headed workstation, both targets could benefict (also if with different grade) of an efficient use of the user screen and think was well in mind of developers that have designed an "hiding" microwave toolbar.

Have a multitude of platforms and user machines sizes support i think is the best asset for kicad.

My pointing for wxAUI toolbars was pointing in this direction, could permitat the user a better arrangement of toolbars for example between 4:3 and 16:9 monitors, for left or right-handed users, the possibility to "hide" them on user needs or the possibility to export some on a second monitor.
Those could be usefully also looking to futurible "plugins" (new netlists formats, gnucap) or interfaces with other features.

I know also that there are hard restructuring actions in progress and with this "code diet" in progress i understand and agree is a time to proceed with little steps avoiding to make the situation more complicated to manage and cleanup.

--
Marco