Re: Vector fonts

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> wxFont support can give us a bridge to any font, we do not have to baby
> sit fonts anymore at that point.

wxFont is a little too abstract... let aside that I can't see a way to request a rotation... how do you ask it a render of 100dpi (for example) without antialiasing but hinted? IMHO this is a job for raw freetype... polygonaloutlines on screen (and maybe ps). Also, font names are NOT portable, as said in the wxFont docs... it seems that it can only use the system installed ones (and their names are notoriusly different between Windows and X... Idon't know about Mac).

Using system fonts for CAD is always a bad thing :P