Re: Re: [PCBNEW] Import png, jpeg or svg or dxf ?

Sorry to mess threading, but my delete trigger was a bit too sensitive in the midst of spam and I'd rather not request tape backups for this...

Quoting JP-Charras:
" SVG format has not really a great interest because most of drawings have
no interest when converted to a binary picture.
For a logo, most of time potrace gives a good result from a png file"

I'd like to get some more explanation here. Why? See, no sane graphics designer does raster graphics logos. Also there are situations where the logo would be sized ten by ten millimeters, but on times one may use the whole silk layer just for the logo. Also why first rasterize and then vectorize already vectored form? The following link has a logo that is very good looking in one bit colours.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fi/2/22/Airbusin_logo.svg

I also suggest to take a look how compact the description is by using a text viewer/editor on the svg file.

Best regards,

-Vesa