Re: compilation error

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Alain Mouette wrote:

Hum, ok. Is there a tutorial for boost upgrade? I am specificaly asking
this because once that I tryed, it got all mixed up between versions and
things never worked fine again.

If by any chance you can upgrade to 9.04, then you can install boost 1.37 from repos. There are 1.35 and 1.37 available. The boost issue was my main motivus to upgrade, but as I also migrated to Intel Q965 graphics the performance gain was worth it. Currently _everything_ works with open drivers (from X-edgers PPA + 9.10 kernel), only OpenGL line smooth has some quality issues. Because of 2560x1024 desktop, almost 20% of memory bandwidth goes to screen refresh :D

-Vesa