Re: compilation error

Hello,

Same compilation problem with Debian : stable Lenny comes with boost 1.34 but contains also boost1.35.
Upgrade with synaptic is quite easy : select libboost1.35-dev to install, boost 1.34 packages are removed and 1.35 installed with some others.
But kicad compilation failed too.

Debian testing (Squeeze) provides boost1.37, to install :
1 - update sources.list (/etc/apt) with something like :

#deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian lenny main
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian squeeze main

2 - run apt-get update
3 - run synaptic to select and install libboost1.37-dev
4 - Re-establish sources.list and run apt-get update again.

and ... kicad compil run to 100%.

I think Ubuntu works about the same method.

JMarc