Re: software practices for kicad

Ken Williams wrote:

I want to submit a change (color preferences for pcbnew) that will change
the mechanism from a wxDialog to a wxFrame. Before I do, I would like to
know if there are any design practices for kicad that encourage dialog boxes
or discourage or prohibit frames.

I will be glad to describe the goals of the change in a follow-up e-mail.

Please comment

Thanks

Ken

We spent a month on a thread where we discussed re-doing the entire color selection mechanism and layer visibility controls in PCBNEW. This means that your change is likely to be washed out shortly.

Please go try and find that thread. I'd say it was back in June or so. Then you'd be able to see what others are thinking, without asking.

Dick