Re: [Fwd: BOARD_CONNECT_ITEM::GetClearance() NULL netclass]

From:
Jerry Jacobs <jerkejacobs@...>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:46:11 +0200
To:
stambaughw@..., Jean-Pierre Charras <jean-pierre.charras@...>, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...>

To:
stambaughw@..., Jean-Pierre Charras <jean-pierre.charras@...>, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...>

Dear developers,
After head revision update (rev1969) i get this error
(BOARD_CONNECT_ITEM::GetClearance() NULL netclass) after creating a
new module in module editor and adding a pad to the new create
module/footprint.
Then i cant close the module editor if i hit ok, and also cant close
pcbnew. Then i have to kill it. Put it is possible to save the pcb
before killing (this is good :-) )

With rev1966 i dont have this problem, the problem occurs on
compilation/testing revision 1967
So this means revision 1967 breaks some functions to draw a pad in the
module editor.
I hope this is clear enough.

(Compiling with 16 parallel jobs on a xeon quadcore and 4 gig of ram
goes not that slow so i could test very fast the revisions)

I appreciate that you have identified an exact SVN revision change between which the code got broke.

If you are correct, this means the commiter of rev 1967 should step in and take another look.

I hope you are correct. If unsure, you can always check out a specific version with:

$ svn up -r 1966

and could then build it and run your test again to be sure.

It seems I am not the commiter of rev 1967 so I will take no action.

Dick