Re: 3D export of a board

> Some time ago there were some posts about exporting 3D view of the board.I
> would like to know if there was some progress in this area and if someonehas
> some code to share.

I have a mostly working VRML export. It's not fully finished (IIRC doesn't correctly place flipped components model) but it's somewhat usable already.Component models are placed as external VRML entities (i.e. included by filename); I tested the files only with blender anyway, but I succesfully re-exported them for interference checking (the reason for which I needed the export facility).

I left it alone because of other priorities but if you want it I could package a patch against the current codebase.