Re: kicad-20100104-r2189-linux pcbnew netclass

Vesa Solonen wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, alex_p_silva wrote:

the track at runtime because I need to set the default value (do not know if
I'm doing wrong), so in the case a track that is in the midst of an IC for
example it usually comes with 0.8 mm and 0.4 mm to reduce and then back to
0.8 mm and could not change the width of the track at run time or add more
than one width .

Very handy addition to net classes would be the additions for "preferred" and "allowed" sized and clearances. For example one could allow going down to 10 mil clearance, but prefer 17 when there is space. Automatic neckdown too. At least TopoR supports this kind of autorouting, but I have no idea if it is possible in DSN intermediate. Would you Dick please comment on that?

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/QLlCS5wdAo5ZeF1goc7dwpTwz_EgACDKi0PH0iC29WfDlXiwL72GwctWgVZ680-yyZtH_bA2vuOe1mlymFvK6Ye7ChDAhw5G4g/specctra.pdf

is a copy of the specctra DSN format spec.

Talk to your router people and look in the spec. Maybe you can hand edit the specctra DSN export file with a text editor, and add what you need, such that it makes your router happy. If you get that far, then report back what DSN elements work.

The netclass editor user interface is clean now, to add more columns to the netclass editor will possibly make the UI not so tidy, and will require quite a bit of work because we would be pushing the number of columns out beyond what will fit on most screens. So it is not something that is trivial to add, the grid would have to reworked significantly. The cost is high. Let's hear from you if you can find the benefit within reach.

Dick