Re: Kicad and making home made PCBs

Hi, I am bringing this ovr from kicad users, I just hope that this is not a breach o netiquete ...

This topic about home made pcbs comes very often here and even more in the brazilian user's list of which I am one of the moderators.

I made some researchs in the past (I don't home made for years now) and I remeber that after many experiments (with tango, I had a script ti fix this up) and my conclusion is that for hand drilling the hole in the copper should be 50% of the real size. This serves as guide for the drill and works from small 0.9mm to fixtures 4mm.

Could an option for this be added in future versions? I guess that now is a good time as most dialogs are being changed.

Thanks,
Alain

Andy Eskelson escreveu:
Select the small drill point option in the plot requester, and then plot
as POSTSCRIPT.

For some reason when using normal printing the drill size always seems to
be the actual drill size rather than just a small point.

Gerber files will have a filled in pad, as that is what is required by
PCB houses.

I then display and print the postscript files using the Evince
utility (SUSE 11.1 Linux)

Andy

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 20:03:23 -0800 (PST)