Re: Proposal of change of application preferences [2 Attachments]

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...> wrote:

> > Has someone suggestions, ideas, vetos or opinions on subject ?

> The bitmaps where not clear enough for me to formulate an opinion.
> The important one is the dialog window. Just curious, what is your
> screen resolution?
> The bitmaps look like screen shots, but they are blurry.

The bitmaps are screen shots, and my resolution is 1200x800 nothing extreme.
I've taken the bitmap and i've used Photoshop to reduce their size but i'vent applied any kind of filters.
Probably is the natural antialiasing in the GUI.

> One of the problems I don't want to get into with the tabbed dialogs is
> blending all the source code together from each tab, into one file.
> Avoiding this in a tabbed dialog is tricky, but I think it needs to be
> done. Otherwise you end up with something that is too hard to maintain
> and something that I would not like. Maybe the code can be associated
> with a wxPanel rather than a wxDialog, and then the derived wxPanels can
> somehow be combined into a tabbed dialog.
> Can you proposal address this concern?

Indeed my proposal is to keep dialogs in separated files as they are now, and glue them in the tabbed dialog.
I've changed only one dialog keeping wxDialog with some side effects, just to do this mockup, indeed in the proposal they are to be converted to wxPanels, and should be done easly with wxFB.
Base "Glue" dialog will placed in the common library and each application will have its dialog based on it.
Configuration dialog will have a second constructor passing the applicationwindow and the wxNotebook that will be the real father.

Hoping that helps to describe better the implementation..
--
Marco