Re: Re: Patches for hotkeys, pin rotation etc.

--------------010107010409080903010909 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"; format=flowed

Hi Torsten,

Just a note of thanks for your work eliminating those annoyances. Just
yesterday, I was talking with a friend about Kicad, and he mentioned
annoyances, like the ones you fixed and particularly not being able to
select just the components he wanted because the present way limits you
to what you can drag in a rectangle. It was annoying to him that there
doesn't seem to be any way to add to the selected list one item at a
time. I think these annoyances are real barriers to new users, and we
need more users, because more users mean more developers. So, in
summary, "Thanks!!"

Rob

On 01/17/2010 12:26 PM, wafeliron wrote:

> Patch commited for revision 2236
>
> --- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:kicad-devel%40yahoogroups.com>, "Torsten Hüter"
> <torstenhtr@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Before I'm starting to write bigger stuff, I'm trying to fix the
> small gitches that annoy me and decrease my working speed.
> >
> > I've attached a patch for handling these issues:
> >
> > * Hotkeys for EESchema
> >
> > The current KiCad version has a very inconsistent hotkey handling;
> move & rotate works for some objects but not for example for
> hierarchical sheets, fields etc.
> > Thus I've added hotkeys for all these cases; schematic editing is
> now much faster (I often need to adjust the fields like refdes etc.)
> I've added support for rotating pins in the library editor and fixed
> issues while dragging wires (connections are not moved), inclusive
> hotkey there as well.
> > The problem of course is, that the hotkey name for "move" isn't
> representative, so I've called it now "Move Schematic Item" - hope
> that's OK.
> >
> > So far it seems to work fine here (Linux Mint 8).
> >
> > --
> >
> > The bounding box calculation for hierarchical sheets seems to be
> very strange IMHO! Thus the bounding box gets too large, problem is
> that the estimated width is too large (wrong calculation of the text
> width). This should be fixed, perhaps somebody knows a fast way to
> extract the actual text width.
> >
> > Bye ..
> > Torsten
> > --
> > Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla
> Firefox 3.5 -
> > sicherer, schneller und einfacher!
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser
> <http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser>

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
E.F. Cross School of Engineering

 --------------010107010409080903010909 Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1"

<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Hi Torsten,<br>
Just a note of thanks for your work eliminating those annoyances.&nbsp; Just
yesterday, I was talking with a friend about Kicad, and he mentioned
annoyances, like the ones you fixed and particularly not being able to
select just the components he wanted because the present way limits you
to what you can drag in a rectangle.&nbsp; It was annoying to him that there
doesn't seem to be any way to add to the selected list one item at a
time.&nbsp; I think these annoyances are real barriers to new users, and we
need more users, because more users mean more developers.&nbsp; So, in
summary, "Thanks!!"<br>
Rob<br>