Re: Proposal of change of application preferences

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dioioib" <dioiioib@...> wrote:

> Does this change make the program inconsistent with the windows version of the program? Does this only work towards making the interface more mac like for the use of kicad? I have used the new build with the change of the main menu items breefly and find the change frustrating. The menu arrangmentseemed fine to begin with, easy to follow.

What i've in mind about configuration was something like Firefox, that is all but not an example of application following a single platform paradigm.
About the new menu arrangement wasn't mine but was a Jerry work, i personally think that this arrangement is more rational than the old one for example:
- All Input and output files operation are placed in the File menu.
- 3d view, netlist and zoom are placed in the View menu.
- Undo, Redo, Find, working parameter needed to edit are placed in the Editmenu.
etc.

I think that those places is where a kicad agnostic trys first to find those operations on the other side, is true, moving those could be annoying anddestabilizing for old users, but in my opinion reorganize was a choice that was to be taken sooner or later after a long, incremental, adding of voices.

--
Marco